Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Only God Can Judge Me.

Facebook
The root of all evil.

The other day while playing on my facebook, I came across something that really irked me the wrong way. I'm not one to name names, and I'm definitely not the one to let what others think get to me. But this hit me the wrong way. It was a status on someone's page along the lines of "I'ts funny how you think someone is ruining their life and then they prove you right"

Usually I wouldn't care but it was on a certain person's page, so I knew it was refering to me So of course, me being me, I wanted to get down to the bottom of this. And I found out that it most certainly was about me.

Let me just clarify a few things. I am a child of God. So I believe these simple truths about judgement:

Who are you to pass judgment on the servant of another? It is before his own master that he stands or falls. And he will be upheld, for the Lord is able to make him stand.
Romans 14:4

Judge not that you be not judged. For the judgement that you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you.
Matthew 7:1-2

FIRST: I know I am not the world's most perfect person. And I know I've probably passed judgement before. But I have never and I mean NEVER said that someone with the exception of my mother was messing up their life. Who are we as people to tell someone else what they are doing wrong? We are ALL sinners. We all mess up. We all do things wrong. We all fall short of God's glory. But that's for GOD himself to tell us. It is a matter of self conviction placed in our hearts by God. It is our guilt inflicted upon us by him that we should know right from wrong. Not the words of others.

SECOND: It's my life. If I want to screw it up I am more than welcome to do so. But I don't feel like I am. And I feel like most people would agree with me on that point. Once again I'm not perfect. I make mistakes. But I set certain goals for myself a long time ago for the 21st year of my life. And I am making ALL of them happen. My first goal was to have my career started by my birthday. Check. The second goal I had was to get my car in my name. Check. The third goal was to find a church I loved and settle in. Check. I also wanted to get a better bond with my family. ALL OF MY FAMILY. Check. And last but not least I wanted to get my own first place. And on October 1, I will be moving into my apartment. Check.
I've hit some bumps in the road and some pretty rocky places along the way. But all in all I am perfectly content with where my life is and where it's going. I've learned so much about myself, about love, about life, about finances, about the workplaces, about my friends and family. How anyone could say that this is "messing up my life" I have no idea.

The person who made this comment, you know who you are. How you think I'm "messing up my life" Is a mystery to me. But, you very obviously don't know me as well as you think you do. I wish you all the luck in life. I hope you, and everyone else, can "mess your life up" the ways I have "messed up" mine. Because I wouldn't have my life any other way, but Crazy Beautiful :)

0 comments: