Tuesday, July 26, 2011

New Beginnings

So as you may know, I just recently ended an engagement. He was an amazing person. But we just weren't supposed to be together. And as that chapter of my life comes to a close, an all new one is starting to unfold.

Im on a mission to find myself. A few years ago I knew exactly who I was and what I wanted out of life. And then somewhere down the road I lost that person. I forgot who I was, what I wanted, and worst of all I forgot what made me smile. So starting now I will stop at nothing to get that back.

I'm off to a rocky but good start. Once you hit the bottom, you have nowhere to go but up right? Anyways, I have started to get back to my friends who I lost touch with. I'm starting to do things and have fun. But two HUGE steps, or what I like to call "Big Girl" steps, are currently underway. I am having my car put completely in my name. Right now my parents cosigned for me. But as of today at 5p.m. the car will be completely mine :) It sounds kinda silly but I'm so proud of myself for doing this! Another "Big Girl" step is really a big step, but very much needed. My friend Valerie and I are getting an apartment on our own. Now, I've left my house a few times but I've always come back. This time I won't be able to. I will finally be on my own for real, finally have sole responsibility over myself. It will be liberating. I know it won't be easy, but I feel like everyone should move out on there own at some point. I'm finally going to do it! We're just waiting on the Complex to email us and let us know our applications were accepted, which I have full and complete faith we will! I'll keep you posted on this.

But for right now, I'm just taking life day by day, and slowly but surely figuring myself out again. Hang on tight because this could get a little crazy :)

0 comments: