Monday, August 15, 2011

Weekend update

Happiness depends on the
inward disposition of mind rather
than on outward circumstances


So I had one of the greatest weekends of my life. I had a little bit of a rocky week last week. Don't really want to go into why because it isn't important now. Let's just say I had a minor breakdown. Thank the Lord for great friends and family who always know exactly what to say :)

Anyhow, Friday night was a MUCH needed night at wing king, which of course is a V&K tradition. Saturday I woke up suuuuuuuper late (loved it!) and went out with V. Let me just put it out there that V and I always have pretty interesting adventures together. Well saturday we set out with the intentions of getting new tattoos. Mind you, I only have one tattoo that I got when I was 19, so needless to say, I wasn't quite prepared for what I was about to get myself into.
Well, while being completely indecisive about what we wanted to eat for lunch, typical us, we managed to drive all over God's creation (Pineville/Charlotte) to try to find a restaurant. We finally gave up and said we would just head towards the tattoo place and then find something near there. So with a disapointed stomach (I wanted Ruby Tuesday's - which was closed) we headed toward Independence. Then all of a sudden V goes, RUBY TUESDAY'S!?!? And what did I do?
WHIPPED MY CAR INTO THAT PARKING LOT
I literally thought my stomach was eating itself at this point. I don't think I've ever been so excited about Ruby minis and a salad bar! Well while devouring our salads, our orders come out. V's of course is wrong. To our luck, we had the greatest waitor ever. He realized her order was wrong almost before she did, went and had her order remade, had the manager come appologize, and got her a free dessert! Needless to say, homeboy got a good tip!
With full bellies, and smiling faces, we then realized, "OH CRAP...we have no cash!! Of course, the tattoo places only take cash payments. So we continue our adventure trying to find an ATM. Now with both of us working at banks and living in the south, we (think) know that there is a church, a bank, and a gas station on every corner. NOT IN NC apparently. All down Independence, there are no banks. None. So we drive back into downtown Charlotte. Still no banks with ATM's. So we look on our handy dandy navigations system on our phones and find that there is a Wachovia ATM on the complete other end of Independence. We turned the car around and headed in that direction. And then, RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE TATTOO PLACE was a little gas station with a huge sign that said ATM. Really?! Didn't even think about an ATM in a gas station! So we go inside to get our cash and then finally made it to Ink Link. We get ours designed up and ready to go. They turned out great!
To your suprise (yeah right) a tattoo on the ribs kinda hurts! But they both turned out absolutely gorgeous! We both got parts of our favorite bible verses. Mine says "Charm is deceitful, beauty is passing" It's part of Proverbs 31:30 "Charm is deceitful, beauty is passing, but a woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised". LOVE IT. Hers says "Love Is Patient" ...also love :)
Then we decide that we are total Bad---es and deserve a night out for our hard day! So of course, we went to none other than Coyote Joe's. 1-2-3 night? I think yes!! We head back home and watch "The Sisterhood Of The Traveling Pants 2" with her parents and trying to tell her dad that all the characters don't "do it" (funny story :) -- we had to kill 2 hours since it was only 8 o'clock) We got ready and headed out. Of course, my dumb self gets off on the completely WRONG exit and we have to use our handy dandy navigation systems once again. We finally get there and ... ugh... they only take cash. So after fighting with the ATM we went out on the dance floor and had a night to remember :) Gotta love these great stories about The Adventures of V&K right? :)

HAPPY MONDAY BLOGGERS

0 comments: