Friday, September 9, 2011

Never Forget

I know I'm early on this post but I won't be able to post it over the weekend. And this one is a must do.

September 11, 2001
8:46 a.m.
I was sitting in my homeroom class at
Castle Heights Middle School
I was in 6th grade.
All of a sudden one of the teachers was running down the hallway
screaming.
"TURN ON THE NEWS!!"
My teacher, myself, and my peers
watched as one of the two Twin Towers in NYC burned.
Then out of nowhere
a plane came crashing into the second building.
All of us sat in awe and confusion
We didn't know what was going on.
When we went home that day
My parents and I sat in front of our television
not knowing what was going to happen.
So many rumors were spreading that the terrorists were going to attack all major cities
including Charlotte, NC
Our world in American was at a stand still.

For months after these attacks all of Americans came together.
There was just such a bond formed between all of us
strangers and friends.
We all came together to mourn the loss our country had just experienced.
All of us in anger that someone could just come into our country and attempt to rip it apart.
Little did they know, this is America.
We don't go down without a fight.
They rattled the cage of the giant.


To all those who lost loved ones in any of the attacks that day,
My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family as we come up on the ten year reunion.


TWIN TOWERS













GROUND ZERO


GROUND ZERO MEMORIAL






THE PENTAGON




THE PENTAGON MEMORIAL


FLIGHT 93



FLIGHT 93 MEMORIAL SIGHT











WE WILL NEVER FORGET
9/11



Now on this day Team RWB
is doing what is called a "Moving Tribute" to honor all victims
family members, and veterans.
I will definitely be participating in this memorial.
What are you doing to remember?

0 comments: