Thursday, July 28, 2011

Inspiration

"Pretty little thing sometimes you gotta look up
and let the world see all the beauty that you're made of"
-Miranda Lambert

If you haven't noticed, I'm obsessed with Miranda Lambert. It's like she sings my life. But this song most of all means the world to me. I was in a funk one day so of course I was listening to her CD. I've heard this song a million times but never before had it spoken to me like it did this day. I had my CD on random and it came on (sign from God). I almost lost it! This line has been stuck in my head ever since. I think of this everytime I get down and it just puts a smile on my face. LOVE IT.

Well today, while reading PinkLouLou (my daily ritual) I realized something. I continue asking myself and God "What now?" But I shouldn't be asking that. I should just put faith in the fact that He has full control and will lead me where I need to go. I just have to trust him to take me down the path I need to go on. And no matter what choices I make or what I do, he will be there loving me, guiding me, and supporting me.

So for now, I'm going to live my life one day at a time. I'm going to continue seeking Him, trying to be more like him. I'm going to let my heart be open and love. I'm going to laugh. I'm going to smile. I'm going to have a good time. I'm going to salvage my relationship with friends who I've pushed away. I'm going to come back to my family, Lord knows they've been there through it all, up-downs-twists-turns-and everything in between. No matter what my family has always been there. They love me when no one else knows how. They support me when I don't make sense. They pick me up when I hit rock bottom. They celebrate with me when life is great. They are my backbone, they are what makes me...me. (So thank you!) Most importantly, I'm going to be true to myself.

From this point on, I'm going to smile :) I'm going to hold my head high and live my life to its fullest with no regrets. Look out world, Kristen's back!

0 comments: